Monday, February 02, 2015

That outfit again?

Natalie "Where's That Lamingtons Video!?" Tran of Youtube fame recently posted a video about how she'll wear the same outfit over and over. You can view it here, it's a good chuckle.

Watching her discuss her own outfit choices made me realize something, something I hadn't quite added up into "the big picture" yet, though I was aware of the individual pieces. The ephiphany? I am really, really weird when it comes to clothes.

I live alone, and I wear pajamas almost 24/7. When there's an unexpected knock at the door, I throw on a hoodie that fits me like a tent, because I have a lot going on in my chest area and like hell I'm wearing a bra under pajamas. If the surprise visitor / postman / delivery guy notices that I look like something the cat dragged out of bed, I use the "excuse" of not feeling well. It's not actually an excuse, because unfortunately it's the truth... but this post isn't for depressing stuff, it's for the funny and odd situation of my clothing scheme.

Right, so, pajamas. Check. But what if I want to have an actual visitor over? I have an outfit for that, one of my random t-shirts and pairs of pants. (It should be noted, my entire wardrobe is t-shirts, hoodies, jeans, cargo pants, and Tripp-style pants aka the goth bondage pants that went out of style while I wasn't paying attention, which is all the time.) After the few hours I wear the outfit during the visit, I throw it in a drawer. This outfit can last weeks or longer before it needs to be washed.

And then there's the "outside" outfit. I'm slightly OCD, so I don't like the idea of getting outside-germs all over my stuff at home. So there's a random shirt and pants combination that gets worn during errands or anything else that takes me into the wide world. This outfit also gets thrown in a drawer when I get home, but it doesn't last quite as long as the visitor-outfit.

Sometimes there is a third outfit, the "I need to check my mail or do something else in my apartment building" outfit. This way, the germs outside my apartment stick to one outfit, but I don't have to wear the full-blown been-all-over-town germs outfit.

So yes, Nat, I see your "my clothing choices are weird" challenge and raise you the pajama rule. Pajamas rule. That is all.

No comments: